Kemer: the most detailed information
"Russian" city on the Mediterranean Sea - just so in recent years, many people call the suburbs of Antalya - Kemer. Throughout the summer months, here is heard, mainly, Russian speech. The staff of any shop or restaurant must "speak Russian" 6 months a year. And in winter the town seems to freeze in anticipation of the next season, but life does not stop here. In winter Kemer becomes Scandinavian. The inhabitants of Norway and Sweden come here to winter in a warm climate with beautiful nature.
LOCATIONOne of the most popular resorts of the Mediterranean for many years - Kemer - is located 42 km south-west of Antalya. In comparison with Antalya, Kemer is a small town. Its total area is about 470 km2. In translation from Turkish "kemer" means "belt". The name has appeared because of the 23-kilometer stone wall constructed here in the beginning of the 20th century, surrounding then still small small village under name Eskiköy from mountain mudflows. In those days to get to this place from Antalya could only be by sea or mountain paths. The development of Kemer as a city began in the 60s of the 20th century. It was then that a full-fledged road from Antalya was laid here and beautiful beaches and a clear sea interested the first tourists. In recent years, the road from Antalya to Kemer and back has been significantly transformed and reduced due to the built tunnels. Now way to Kemer by car from Antalya is about 20-25 minutes.
TRANSPORTA regular bus service is available from Kemer to Antalya and back. The shuttle bus leaves from the bus station of Antalya, as well as from the stop in front of the Migros shopping center in Konyaalti. You can also take the bus at any bus stop at Atatürk Boulevard in Konyaalti. In Kemer, the stop of intercity buses is located near the main square with a white tower. From here buses go both to Antalya and to the villages adjacent to Kemer: Kirish, Camyuva, Tekirova.
There are two types of buses following the Antalya-Kemer route:
- calling in all adjacent villages (Beldibi, Goynyuk) and
- express bus, going directly to Kemer.
The way by express bus is shorter by about one and a half times.
In Kemer there is a bus station (otogar), from where long-distance buses go. The new modern building of the bus station is outside the city on the other side of the highway at the foot of the mountains. You can get to the bus station by the city bus - "dolmush", taxi or walk.
In the summer season between Antalya and Kemer, there are also modern comfortable boats with all amenities. Flights are carried out daily in the morning and evening. Departure time: from the port of Kaleici in Antalya at 9.00 and 17.00 and from the port of Kemer at 10.30 and 18.30. The capacity of this "sea bus" is 42 passengers. Boats are equipped with a toilet, mini-kitchen, air-conditioning system.
In Kemer itself it is possible to move by means of city buses - "dolmush". But the town itself is small, so you can walk to any place.
POPULATIONTo date, the population of Kemer is 41.925 people. In addition to local Turks, a large number of foreigners live there, both Russian-speaking and European citizens.
SEA AND BEACHBeaches of Kemer are mostly pebbly. Some hotels bring sand to their beaches and mix it with pebbles for more comfort, but the sea entrance is pebbled all over the coast. The only sandy beach of Kemer is the beach "Moonlight", which is located on the territory of the same name park on the west side of the port of Kemer. Thanks to pebbles, the sea in Kemer is one of the cleanest on the entire coast, the bottom here shines even at a depth of 8 meters. Almost all the beaches of Kemer are marked by the Blue Flag - an international sign of environmental friendliness.
One of the main attractions of Kemer is the harbor - Marina. The port has been working for 24 years, licensed by the Ministry of Tourism. In addition to the services provided to the owners of yachts mooring here, the port has many additional attractions: a restaurant, a bar, a library with books in different languages, dance lessons, foreign language courses, golf, tennis, water sports, diving, bicycle rental. From here, in the summer season, sailing yachts are sent daily - copies of old ships on various excursions along the coast.
ATTRACTIONNeighborhoods of Kemer are rich in historical events. According to historical records in ancient times, these places were called Lycia. Lycian trails are still preserved in the mountains and are popular with fans of mountain routes. At a short distance from Kemer are the ruins of the ancient cities of the Lycian Union Olympos and Phaselis, as well as the "fiery" Chimera mountain, famous for mythological legends. In Kemer itself there are no special historical sights, but there are places worth visiting.
1. The main landmark of the city is the central square on which there is a white tower with a clock - a symbol of the city. The area is surrounded by many shops and boutiques. In front of the tower there are dancing fountains and a monument to Ataturk, in honor of which the square is named. At the top of the tower is a cozy restaurant. Every Tuesday on the main square of Kemer, a farmers' market is unfolding, where fresh seasonal fruits, vegetables and greens are always abundant.
2. Another of the most visited places in Kemer and a paradise for shoppers is the shopping street Liman in the heart of the city. Here you will find a variety of shops selling local souvenirs and Turkish sweets, boutiques, clothing stores, shoes, leather goods, jewelry shops and more. The street is closed to motor vehicles, very cozy, well-groomed and incredibly attractive for both locals and tourists. "Liman" in Turkish means a port, the street goes to the port of Kemer.
3. Especially popular in the summer season, Kemer enjoys the amateurs of nightly entertainment. It is here that the most famous disco clubs of the Mediterranean are located - Aura, İnferno and Kristall. Every evening for 6 months a year, clubs please disco lovers with the most modern music, foam parties, concerts of popular pop stars.
4. Another favorite among the guests of the city is the park "Moonlight" (in Turkish Ayışığı) to the west of the port. The park received its name from the eponymous bay, on the coast of which it is located. "Moonlight" is a beautiful cozy park with restaurants and cafes, children's playgrounds, places for relaxation, its own sandy beach and a night disco club. On the beach there is a private paid zone where you can rent sunbeds and umbrellas and use the beach bar service, as well as a free public area. In the park itself is also a small water park and dolphinarium, where in the summer you can visit daily performances and swim with dolphins.
5. Near the park "Moonlight", on the left side there is a small but very cozy and original ethnographic park - Folklorik Yoruk Parki. The park visually represents the life and life of the ancient nomads of the local places - Yorukov. In addition to an ethnographic museum with household items and wax figures of Yoruk, there is a cafe with authentic cuisine on the territory. From the territory are beautiful views of the sea and the surrounding area.
HEALTHIn Kemer there is a state hospital, a state polyclinic, two private hospitals - Kemer Yaşam Hastanesi and Kemer Anadolu Hastanesi, and several private clinics - Derman polikliniği, Marina polikliniği, Sahil polikliniği. In the state polyclinic receive first aid, donate blood for tests, consult a therapist can not only Turkish citizens, but also foreigners with residence permit. There are also several private dental offices, for example Kemer Ağız ve Diş Sağlığı Polikliniği and Dentistkemer, many pharmacies, veterinary clinics.
SPORTKemer is a great place for fans of sports and healthy lifestyle. A large number of citrus orchards and coniferous forests in the vicinity of Kemer, combined with the proximity of the sea and mountains makes the air here uniquely fresh and clean. Walking, jogging, cycling in the fresh air here is a special pleasure. A bicycle can be rented for a small fee on bicycle rental grounds, one of them is in the port of Kemer.
Lovers of fitness and group sports will also find a place in Kemer for classes. The largest fitness club in Kemer - Kemer Fitness Club - offers the following areas: gym, cardio, kick-box, aerobics, step aerobics, zumba, pilates. Gyms are also available in the sports salons Kemer Spor salonu, Thor Crossfitness KEMER.
RESTAURANTSKemer, first of all, a tourist resort, so cafes and restaurants for all tastes are great. Most restaurants are located in the center of Kemer and on the waterfront. A beautiful view of the harbor, port, sea and mountains you will find in the restaurant "Qualista Lounge". On the territory of the port there is a restaurant with a wide choice of dishes from fish and seafood "Harbour Restaurant". A variety of pizzas, an extensive menu and very tasty coffee in the restaurant "Casa La Luna". ''Leon Restaurant'' will delight you with a choice of dishes of both Turkish and European cuisine and the presence of a children's playground. Georgian cuisine is presented in the restaurant "Come, Genatsvale!". In a cozy restaurant near the central street of Kemer "Monte Kemer Restaurant" you will be met by a very friendly hostess. Refined seafood dishes, good hookah and pizza in the restaurant "Campana". And of course there are in Kemer all the usual Burger King and McDonalds. Fresh pastries and hot bread in bakeries, Turkish coffee in cafeterias, a variety of sweets in confectionery, ice cream and tea - all this is in Kemer in a large number.
EDUCATIONForeign children can be enrolled in state educational institutions on the base of residence permit. In Kemer there are several state kindergartens and schools: state pre-school institutions - Ahu Aysal Anaokulu, Kemer Anaokulu, primary school education - Hakkı Saygan Hacı Hafize Saygan-3, Kemer Merkez İlkokulu, secondary school education - Hakkı Saygan Hacı Hafize Saygan-3, Kemer Merkez Ortaokulu. All private schools and colleges are located outside the city, for example, there are several private schools in the village of Arslanbujak. In the center of Kemer there is a private kindergarten - Işık Çocuk Evi.
VACATION WITH CHILDRENKemer is one of the best places on the Mediterranean for families with children. Both in the city and in the nearest suburbs there are many places where the child will get a lot of unforgettable impressions: a beautiful colorful water park and dolphinarium DoluSu in Kirishi, an amusement park with huge figures of dinosaurs Dinopark in Goynuk, an ecological park with a terrarium and artificial ponds Eco Park in Tekirova . In older children, the excursion to the fiery mountain Yanartaş, climbing the cable car to the top of Tahtali mountain, a trip to one of the most beautiful places in the vicinity of Kemer - Göynük Kanyon, is a delight. In Kemer itself there are many playgrounds, an amusement park in the city center, a dolphinarium in the park "Moonlight".
THE PROPERTYIn Kemer for sale you can find both apartments and villas.
Prices here are quite high, as the land in Kemer and the suburbs is expensive, often designed to build buildings no higher than two floors. Also, the permitted percentage of site development affects only 20%.
In the center of Kemer, real estate is expensive, but you can always look for an apartment or a house in the suburbs of Kemer, such as Chamyuva or Aslanbujak.
The old fund in Kemer can be purchased for a price of about 50 000 Euros, the new fund will cost from 70 000 Euro.
Villas in Kemer with its own territory will cost about 300 000 Euro.